& DATA PROTECTION
Our privacy commitment at Merck begins with our employees.
Merck employees globally are responsible for protecting personal information about our external stakeholders as well as personal information about each other. At Merck, we use, share and protect personal information about our employees in accordance with the five elements of privacy trust.
Privacy Trust for Employees
- T - "transparency" - The Merck & Co., Inc. Global Notice of Data Practices for Employment-Related Purposes (the "Global Employee Privacy Notice") describes WHY personal information is used and disclosed, WHAT personal information is used and disclosed, HOW to exercise privacy choices, HOW we protect personal information and HOW to access and update personal information. Our Global Employee Privacy Notice is provided below in 20 languages. We also provide other notices to certain of our employees where required by local or other applicable law. Some of these local employee privacy notices are provided below.
- R - "respecting choices" - We value individuals' choices to pursue careers at Merck, we respect whether and how they elect to participate in certain programs or opportunities we may offer to our employees and others, and we obtain permission from our employees to use and share certain types of personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- U - "understanding perspectives" - We understand that our many employees globally may have different levels of concern about their privacy based on cultural and personal perspectives and experiences, so we only collect, use and share the personal information we need for employment-related purposes and to the extent permitted by applicable law, and we provide employees with reasonable choices, in accordance with applicable laws, to decide how personal information about them is used and shared for certain employment-related purposes.
- S - "security" - We use technical, physical and administrative measures based on the sensitivity of the personal information to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- T - "treating" - We strive at all times to treat our stakeholders, including our employees, in a manner consistent with the company's values.
Read our Global Employee Privacy Notice in your language
Read our Local Employee Privacy Notice for your country