CAREER CHOICES: HUMAN RESOURCES
Defining and developing our workforce.
Merck's Human Resources (HR) professionals focus on two important goals: business performance and employee satisfaction.
Our HR people consult and partner with management to support initiatives in the areas of:
- diversity/work environment
- decision support
- employee health management
- organizational learning and development
Our Future Workforce
Merck offers an internship and rotational leadership development program for students pursuing advanced degrees in areas related to HR. This program provides focused developmental opportunities that help interns and associates achieve their career aspirations by exposing them to Merck's business and various initiatives.
There are various Human Resources opportunities at Merck.
- HR Consulting, Centers of Excellence (CoE) and HR Operations: Individuals with experiences as Human Resource Business Partners, Employee Relations Professionals and CoE Professionals, with backgrounds in the areas of Staffing, Benefits, Diversity, Talent Management, Compensation, and Learning and Development.
- Shared Business Services: Individuals with experience in delivering services and solutions that help employees be more productive and enable us to operate effectively around the world.
Merck values candidates with people skills and strategy and metrics tools for its opportunities in talent management, organizational learning and recruiting & staffing.