STUDENTS & GRADUATES
Are you a new graduate? Here's the chance to make a difference.
Our university recruiting efforts help us grow in a highly competitive industry. Your fresh ideas, unique perspectives and fundamental knowledge are important assets that can help shape the future of this company.
Attracting, Developing and Retaining Top Talent: Interns and Co-ops
The Merck Future Talent Program for interns and co-ops is designed to provide exemplary university students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real-world experience. Assignments include:
- Internship: 9- to 11-week assignment occurring between June and August.
- Co–op: assignments of four or more months occurring throughout the calendar year.
The Merck Future Talent Program provides:
- Real-world experience aligned to a course of study
- Competitive pay, along with subsidized housing and transportation for those who qualify
- Organized social and professional development events
- All interested candidates should create a profile and then apply to posted intern/co-op positions beginning in the fall. To access our career site and to apply, click here.
- All candidates who apply to intern/co-op positions will be notified by dedicated recruiters via email/phone regarding their status in the hiring process.
- If you are selected to interview for an internship or co-operative assignment, you will be required to complete a hard copy Merck application. You should bring your completed and signed Merck application with you to your interview. You are not required to complete the application until you are notified of being invited for an interview.
- Intern and co-op offers are made on a rolling basis and offers are extended beginning in the fall throughout early spring.
We maintain strong relationships with our core universities and nationally known diversity associations. Find out where and when Merck will be on campus and at conferences.
Merck is a proud partner of JOBipedia.org, a public service offering career advice to new entrants into the workforce.