Thomas R. Cech, Ph.D.
Dr. Cech has extensive scientific expertise relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, including being a Nobel Prize-winning chemist and a professor at the University of Colorado. In addition, his role as the former president of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute provides Dr. Cech with extensive managerial experience with direct relevance to scientific research.
University of Colorado
- Distinguished professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry (1990-present)
- Director, BioFrontiers Institute (2009-present)
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, non-profit medical research organization
- President (2000-2009)
- Investigator (1988-present)
- National Medal of Science (1995)
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1989)